Sunday, September 27, 2015

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant in Hico


Driving by the "Koffee Kup Family Restaurant" several times, I was intrigued to try their food. especially after reading two old Texas Monthly columns about "The 40 Best Small-Town Cafes" (2008) and "The 50 Greatest Hamburgers In Texas" (2009) which both included the Koffee Kup.

The following is my Yelp Review:
"Yes this is typical "home made" food you may find around Texas in small little towns, as in the "Country Kitchen" in Lampasas, the "Blue Bonnet Cafe" in Marble Falls, "Maxine's Cafe" in Bastrop or at "Ham & Eggs" in Lewisville.

That said, I don't expect a place like this to cook me a gourmet meal, just honest, good-tasting fare, I will enjoy and will come back to enjoy over and over again. And es I will be back at the Koffee Kup.

The burgers, a Bleu Cheese and a Jalapeno Cream Cheese Burger were tast and cooked to perfection, mine being cooked exactly medium-rare as I ordered it.  The steak fries were excellent and the onion rings from out of this world. Yes some of it needed a bit more spices, but this is my personal taste and I can easily adjust that. Less salt and pepper is somewhat the norm in every diner.

If there is some space left in your tummy after the succulent burgers, try one of their 16 different pies - they will make your heart sing and will make you remember your grandma's cooking. I can only tell you to try the Banana Blueberry and the Black Forest pies.

The service was friendly and she actually had some funny banter to go with. We will be back!"

This is the closest restaurant from our new place, so I will update you on other menu choices when we go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment