Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Jaida Dreyer caught her mommy in flagranti

Earlier this year I stumbled upon the music of Jaida Dreyer. A single - (unfortunately) with no chart success - had me listening closer. "Half Broke Horses" had me in awe - and her debut album on Byron Gallimore's produced Streamsound record "I'm Jaida Dreyer" (still working on a blog for that album) even though partly overproduced, had me listening in closely. That girl can pen a song and his closely associated to the new-bred of women's songwriter with intelligent material like Kacey Musgrave and Brandy Clark.

Researching the young lady from Canada (who partly lived in the United States) I stumbled upon a quite cool version of the old Christmas standard "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" which I wanna share in my Honky Tonk blog - too bad they can make Christmas singles like this, but then tbey (Nashville) just release generic, boring stuff during the year. But judge for yourself - this little ditty has me dancing in no-snow, mostly balmy Texas through all of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment